Continuing improvements enhance CT reliability and applications
World Oil is pleased to present the 2013 edition of its annual coiled tubing (CT) supplement. Since their introduction to the oil and gas industry in the 1960s, CT applications have increased over the decades through improvements in tubing metallurgy, advances in rig designs and the development of small-bore downhole tools, such as rib-steered drilling motors. CT is now a cost-effective intervention tool with multifaceted re-entry drilling, completion and production stimulation capabilities, with new applications emerging for formation evaluation, shale fracturing, fishing, and even plugging and abandonment, both onshore and offshore.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.