World Oil began its publishing journey in 1916 as the Gulf Coast Oil News. It was an exciting time as the newsletter provided weekly coverage of the industry in its infancy. The earliest copy of the newsletter available in Gulf Publishing Company’s library is dated June 2, 1917. The lead story declares production from Texas’ Humble oil field to be 20,475 bbl for the week. In 1947, the publication became the monthly World Oil as the industry took on a global role after World War II.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Shell joins Exxon with $1 billion Brazil exploration setback (5/16)
- James Fisher AIS expands global footprint to meet energy sector digital twin demand (5/16)
- APICORP appoints Khalid bin Ali Al-Ruwaigh as new CEO (5/16)
- Angolan leader urges Africa to avoid hasty end to fossil fuels (5/16)
- UK North Sea eyes chance of revival in energy crisis (5/16)