ABB and Equinor sign major frame agreement for global oil and gas operations
ZURICH - ABB has signed a new frame agreement to deliver safety and automation systems across Equinor’s installed base and greenfield projects worldwide, helping minimize cost, schedule and risk.
The frame agreement continues more than three decades of collaboration, with ABB supporting Equinor to consider innovative opportunities in an era of greener, cleaner energy and increasing automation.
The agreement will see ABB leveraging its unique automation and intelligent digital solutions, including simulation technologies and processes, to enable cost savings, enhanced productivity and safety for brownfield and greenfield installations internationally.
“With our deep domain expertise across the energy industries, ABB is uniquely positioned to assist Equinor in extending the lifetime of its existing installed base, encompassing 19 offshore and four onshore sites around the world,” said Kevin Kosisko, managing director, ABB Energy Industries.
ABB has supported Equinor in projects and operations since the mid-1980s ranging from providing integrated safety and automation, electrical and telecommunication systems to the new Aasta Hansteen gas field, to supplying electrical and telecommunication systems for both the Mariner project in the North Sea and the Gina Krog project on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. ABB was the main automation and electrical contractor for the Peregrino project, offshore of Brazil, and is delivering an integrated ABB Ability™ safety and automation system to the Johan Castberg floating production storage and offloading project.
Related News ///
- Schlumberger and Subsea 7 agree to renew Subsea Integration Alliance (12/17)
- Inmarsat Fleet Hotspot addresses needs of crew and shipowners as seafarer connectivity becomes a requirement (12/17)
- Greensea Systems Inc. acquires C-2 Innovations product line of seafloor crawling robots and creates new company Bayonet Ocean Vehicles (12/17)
FROM THE ARCHIVE ///
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- BP pays UK tax on North Sea business for first time in years (6/24)
- Permian Basin facing new environmental rules that could curb drilling (6/24)
- A fresh look at what Russia’s invasion means for energy companies (6/24)
- U.S. energy industry invites Biden to visit American energy sites ahead of trip to Saudi Arabia (6/24)
- Swagelok Company celebrates 75th anniversary (6/23)