New rig designs fill efficiency, utility voids
A majority of the deepwater rigs that have been ordered in the last few years are traditional drillships and semisubmersibles. However, not all rigs are built alike, as is the case with two drillship models being built for Noble Corp., as well as a unique type of semi being constructed for Norwegian operator Statoil via rig contractor Songa Offshore.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.