Energy workforce council comments on DOI offshore lease plans, FERC’s approval of natural gas projects
Leslie Beyer, CEO, Energy Workforce & Technology Council released the following statements on actions taken by the Biden Administration.
“Today’s announcement by the Department of Interior regarding the release of a proposed offshore lease plan by June 30, when a final five-year plan was due on that date, is another example of the Administration falling far short of the actions needed to boost domestic energy production to adequately supply the United States and our allies.
"To ease the burden on the American consumer, the Administration should stop the mixed messaging, and provide regulatory and policy certainty for energy producers that will allow for expanded investment and production. Increasing production requires a significant amount of time and significant capital investment. Without certainty, investment dries up, hiring slows, and production wanes.
"The energy services industry is ready to provide the services and technology to develop domestic resources, but we need the Administration to do its part in support of domestic energy production.”
“I applaud FERC for approving three natural gas infrastructure projects. Projects must be approved by FERC and other entities in a timely manner to increase natural gas production and export. The Administration has called on the US LNG industry to expand exports to Europe to ease the burden of sanctions on Russian energy sources, but to do so requires increased capacity and infrastructure. Approving these projects is a step in the right direction, but more action is needed.”
Related News ///
FROM THE ARCHIVE ///
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Supreme Court restricts EPA’s authority to shift away from fossil fuels (6/30)
- Biden to ask Persian Gulf producers to boost oil output during Middle East trip (6/30)
- Environmental groups sue to block Biden admin’s oil drilling lease plan (6/29)
- Texas Railroad Commission proposes rules to ensure natural gas supply in weather emergencies (6/29)
- DNV report: Hydrogen at risk of being the great missed opportunity of the energy transition (6/29)