World Oil Awards 2022 winners honored at live Houston gala
HOUSTON — The 2022 World Oil Awards on Thursday evening recognized the upstream oil and gas industry’s leading innovations and thought leaders, at the traditional in-person evening event, held at The Houstonian hotel.
“Competition was spirited this year, as we received more than 300 nominations, from which 97 finalists
emerged. This is a record number of nominations, so even being selected as a finalist is a huge achievement,” said Kurt Abraham, World Oil’s Editor-in-Chief and Chief Forecaster.
Honorees received awards in 18 categories, encompassing the full breadth of the upstream industry. Today’s innovations, many of which would have seemed far-fetched a generation ago, are enabling
operators to find and produce hydrocarbons more safely, economically, and efficiently.
A complete list of the categories and winners is as follows:
- Best Completion Technology Award – TITAN® Direct Drive Turbine Technology – BJ Energy Solutions
- Best Data Management & Application Solution Award – Real-Time Reservoir Fluid Identification – Equinor
- Best Deepwater Technology Award – BrightStar® Service – Halliburton
- Best Digital Transformation Award – Akselos Digital Twin – Akselos
- Best Drilling Technology Award – GeoSphere 360* 3D Reservoir Mapping-While-Drilling Service – Schlumberger
- Best EOR Technology Award – ELEVATE™ CO2 Soluble Foaming Surfactant for Reservoir Conformance Improvement – ConocoPhillips, Dow, and Maverick Natural Resources
- Best Exploration Technology Award – Airborne Micro-TEM & Physics-Deep Learning: A Solution for Seismic Near Surface Corrections in Sand-Covered Areas – Saudi Aramco
- Best Health, Safety, Environment/Sustainable Development - Offshore Award – Centri-FI Consolidated Control Console – Expro
- Best Health, Safety, Environment/Sustainable Development - Onshore Award – Autonomous Operations – Wood PLC and Xplorobot
- Best Oilfield Fluids and Chemicals Award – BaraHib™ Gold ─ Trackable Inhibitive System – Halliburton Baroid
- Best Outreach Program – Artificial Intelligence Energy Camp – Consumer Energy Education Foundation
- Best Production Technology Award – HIGH RISE™ Series Pumps – ChampionX
- Best Water Management Technology Award – A Sustainable Produced Water Management Technology for Circular Water Economy – Saudi Aramco
- Best Well Integrity Technology Award – EC- Monitor – Enhanced Drilling and Transocean
- Best Well Intervention Technology Award – Intelligent Extreme Autonomous Digital Intervention – Schlumberger
- Innovative Thinker Award – Rocco DiFoggio – Baker Hughes
- New Horizons Idea Award – INNOVATION FACTORI – Schlumberger
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Harold Hamm – Continental Resources
The 2022 World Oil Awards were generously sponsored by Schlumberger, Expro, Halliburton, Aramco,
TechnipFMC, Continental Resources, Amazon Web Services, BJ Energy Solutions, Intelligent Wellhead
Systems, Siemens Energy and Eddie V's.
World Oil, the leading media and marketing intelligence brand for the upstream oil and gas sector, has a
global reach and has been published by Gulf Energy Information for more than 106 years. Additional
information on the World Oil Awards program can be found at www.WO-Awards.com