Petrofac secures contract for BP project in Mauritania and Senegal
Petrofac secured a contract with bp to develop operational procedures for their Greater Tortue Ahmeyim (GTA) Project in Mauritania and Senegal.
Centered on minimizing risk and harm to personnel, plant and the environment, the procedures will encompass all offshore operations, including subsea, floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) and hub.
“Bp is an important longstanding client and we look forward to supporting them in operating safely and responsibly, in their delivery of the GTA Phase 1 Project, which is creating a new LNG hub in Africa,” said Steve Webber, SVP Operations.
The Tortue/Ahmeyim gas field, with estimated resources of 15 trillion cubic feet of gas, is located offshore on the border between Mauritania and Senegal. The integrated gas value chain and near-shore LNG development will export LNG to global markets as well as supplying gas to Senegal and Mauritania.
Related News ///
FROM THE ARCHIVE ///
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Indian government could bring in $12.7 billion from windfall fuel tax, PTI says (7/3)
- Industry groups call for expansion of offshore lease sales as DOI plans to limit access (7/3)
- Longboat Energy, OMV complete exploration farm-in agreement offshore Norway (7/1)
- Strained gasoline supplies lead American fuelmakers to maximize output (7/1)
- Oil production increase leads Venezuela’s economy to see most growth in 15 years (7/1)