TDI-Brooks completes geotechnical program in the Gulf of Mexico
TDI-Brooks recently completed a Geotechnical Site Investigation for Beacon Exploration & Production LLC in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico. The project consisted of ‘heavy’ geotechnical coring/cone penetration testing (“CPT”) with TDI-Brooks’ research vessel, the R/V GYRE. The project included the acquisition of 20-m Jumbo Piston coring, 40 meter CPT-Stinger samples and 40 meter Shelby-tube Stinger samples. Other piston, box core and gravity CPT (gCPT) samples were acquired associated with oil and gas export pipelines.
The Shenandoah field development project is located in the Walker Ridge (WR) area in water depths ranging from 5,800 to 6,300 feet. The Shenandoah field will be developed as a subsea tieback from a drill center in WR-51 to a new build Floating Production System (“FPS”) located in WR-52.
TDI-Brooks worked closely with BOE and BSEE in expediting the permit. Following completion of the geotechnical coring campaign, TDI-Brooks shipped the soil samples back to its certified soil testing laboratory in College Station, Texas for the post-survey onshore testing and completion of a factual testing report.
Related News ///
FROM THE ARCHIVE ///
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- The price of frac sand has spiked 150% for Permian oil producers (7/6)
- Set of reports should reveal UK’s full renewable potential (7/5)
- Deadline approaching for 2022 World Oil Awards nominations (7/5)
- Oil prices plummet below $100 as recession risks gain focus (7/5)
- DNV supports Elia Transmission Belgium on offshore renewable project (7/5)