TGS completes carbon capture storage assessment in Canada
CALGARY – TGS announced the completion of a Geological Carbon Storage Atlas for British Columbia, Canada for a major oil and gas company.
The objective of the study was to provide the most up-to-date understanding of geological carbon storage locations, onshore and offshore, throughout the province of British Columbia. Through collaboration with its partner Canadian Discovery Limited (CDL), TGS leveraged their world-class basin evaluation expertise, subsurface data library, and geological knowledge and experience through working in British Columbia, to create a framework for carbon storage assessment and atlas for potential storage locations.
Katja Akentieva, EVP of Onshore & Well Data at TGS, said, “TGS has a goal to contribute to a more sustainable energy future. This project is a great example of how TGS data and insight enabled its customers to evaluate carbon storage opportunities which ultimately leads to reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. I am pleased to see how TGS is able to apply its ESG strategy in a practical setting.”
Related News ///
FROM THE ARCHIVE ///
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Longboat Energy, OMV complete exploration farm-in agreement offshore Norway (7/1)
- Strained gasoline supplies lead American fuelmakers to maximize output (7/1)
- Oil production increase leads Venezuela’s economy to see most growth in 15 years (7/1)
- India slaps windfall tax on fuel exports, oil production (7/1)
- Deirdre Michie, chief executive of Offshore Energies UK, to step down (7/1)