World Oil Awards 2020 winners honored in virtual ceremony
HOUSTON— On October 15th, the 2020 World Oil Awards recognized the upstream oil and gas industry’s leading innovations and thought leaders, in a first-of-its-kind virtual event.
This year, more than 270 nominations were submitted from over 90 companies in more than a dozen countries around the world. Eighty-four finalists were selected, and the award winners were hand-picked by the World Oil Awards advisory board as this year’s most groundbreaking industry developments.
Honorees received awards in 18 categories, encompassing the full breadth of the upstream industry. Today’s innovations, many of which would have seemed far-fetched a generation ago, are enabling operators to find and produce hydrocarbons more safely, economically and efficiently.
Click below to view the complete World Oil Awards 2020 ceremony on YouTube.
A complete list of the categories and winners appears below:
- Best Completion Technology Award – SureCONNECT™Downhole Intelligent Wet-Mate System – Baker Hughes Company
- Best Data Management & Application Solution Award – ORCHID* Open Interpretation Platform – Reveal Energy Services
- Best Deepwater Technology Award – Carina® Subsea 4D Seismic Data Acquisition System – Silixa
- Best Digital Transformation Award – i-Trak™Drilling Automation Services – Baker Hughes Company
- Best Drilling Technology Award – NOV 20,000-psi qualified BOP Stack, An industry first – NOV
- Best EOR Technology Award – Subsea Power Distribution Station – Technip FMC
- Best Exploration Technology Award – Surface-consistent Full Waveform Inversion – Aramco
- Best Health, Safety, Environment/Sustainable Development - Offshore Award – SKYHOOK® Wireless Cement Line Make Up Device – Frank’s International
- Best Health, Safety, Environment/Sustainable Development - Onshore Award – Hazardous Atmosphere Reduction Plug (HARP) – Chesapeake Energy
- Best Oilfield Fluids and Chemicals Award – CHEMBINE2 WCW3778 – Baker Hughes Company
- Best Outreach Program – Energy Day – Consumer Energy Education Foundation
- Best Production Technology Award – UpCable ESP Power Delivery System – AccessESP
- Best Water Management Technology Award – An Eco-friendly, Low Carbon Footprint, Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) Water Management Solution – Aramco
- Best Well Integrity Technology Award – PulseEight Electronic Ambient Valve (EAV) – Tendeka
- Best Well Intervention Technology Award– ACTive Power CT Real-Time Powered Downhole Measurements System – Schlumberger
- Innovative Thinker Award – Dale Jamison, Halliburton
- New Horizons Idea Award – Carina® XwellXpress – Silixa
- Lifetime Achievement Award – David K. Baskin, Stratum Reservoir
The 2020 World Oil Awards were generously sponsored by: Schlumberger, SI Group, Aramco, Baker Hughes, Halliburton, Clariant, Siemens Energy, Emerson, and QRI.
World Oil, the leading media and marketing intelligence brand for the upstream oil and gas sector, has a global reach and has been published by Gulf Energy Information for more than 104 years. Additional information on the World Oil Awards program can be found at www.WorldOil.com/Awards.
FROM THE ARCHIVE ///
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Longboat Energy, OMV complete exploration farm-in agreement offshore Norway (7/1)
- Strained gasoline supplies lead American fuelmakers to maximize output (7/1)
- Oil production increase leads Venezuela’s economy to see most growth in 15 years (7/1)
- India slaps windfall tax on fuel exports, oil production (7/1)
- Deirdre Michie, chief executive of Offshore Energies UK, to step down (7/1)