Subsea 7 awarded Santos basin FPSO hookup contract
OSLO - Subsea 7 today announced the award of a sizeable contract by Total E&P do Brasil for the development of the Lapa North East field, at 2,150 meters water depth in the pre-salt Santos basin.
The work scope includes the transport, installation and pre-commissioning of 35 kilometers of flexible pipelines and 20 kilometers of umbilical, connecting 5 wells to the FPSO Cidade de Caraguatatuba. Project management and detailed engineering will commence immediately at Subsea 7’s office in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Offshore activities are due to commence in the fourth quarter 2019.
Marcelo Xavier, Subsea 7’s vice president, Brazil, said “This contract builds on our track record of project execution offshore Brazil and reflects our commitment to work and learn together with our client to achieve successful solutions. We look forward to strengthening our relationship with Total in Brazil, through mutually beneficial collaboration on this project and, in the long-term, on future developments.”
Related News ///
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Schroeder quits Rosneft job after pressure over Putin ties (5/20)
- ‘Hell no’: Finance firms tell Texas they don’t boycott energy (5/20)
- Woodside wins backing to buy BHP oil, gas amid climate backlash (5/19)
- Energy workforce council comments on DOI offshore lease plans, FERC’s approval of natural gas projects (5/19)
- Permian producer Centennial to buy Colgate for $2.5 billion (5/19)