Equinor, Weatherford sign $80 million liner hanger agreement
BAAR, SWITZERLAND – Weatherford has signed an $80 million liner hanger frame agreement with Equinor, representing the largest liner hanger frame agreement ever signed by the company.
Mark Hopmann, president of Completions for Weatherford said, "Weatherford is the market leader for liner-hanger technology across the North Sea. Guided by a principle of flawless execution, we deploy our liner hangers for reduced operating expenses and superior performance reliability."
The Company's liner-hanger technology reduces the length of the last liner set in the well by several hundred meters. Rather than extending a single casing string to the top of the wellbore, the technology enables suspending the liner below the ground. The savings are substantial versus a conventional casing run, especially considering the associated time and costs for cementing.
Related News ///
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Shell joins Exxon with $1 billion Brazil exploration setback (5/16)
- James Fisher AIS expands global footprint to meet energy sector digital twin demand (5/16)
- APICORP appoints Khalid bin Ali Al-Ruwaigh as new CEO (5/16)
- Angolan leader urges Africa to avoid hasty end to fossil fuels (5/16)
- UK North Sea eyes chance of revival in energy crisis (5/16)