CNOOC signs a PSC with Smart Oil
Hong Kong -- CNOOC Limited has announced that its parent company, China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC), has signed a production sharing contract (PSC) with Smart Oil Investment Ltd. (Smart Oil) for Bohai 09/17 Block (contract area).
Bohai 09/17 Block is located in the Qikou sag, Bohai Bay Basin in China. It covers a total area of 509.3 square kilometers with a water depth of 5-10 meters.
Read more about CNOOC: China plans to invest in mature fields to boost production
According to the terms of the PSC, Smart Oil shall act as the Operator during the exploration period and conduct exploration activities in the block mentioned above, in which all expenditures incurred will be borne by Smart Oil. Once entering the development phase, CNOOC has the right to participate in up to 51% of the participating interest in any commercial discoveries of the Bohai 09/17 Block. After signing the above-mentioned PSC, except for those relating to CNOOC’s administrative functions, CNOOC will assign all of its rights and obligations under the PSC to CNOOC China Limited, a subsidiary of CNOOC Limited.
Related News ///
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Schroeder quits Rosneft job after pressure over Putin ties (5/20)
- ‘Hell no’: Finance firms tell Texas they don’t boycott energy (5/20)
- Woodside wins backing to buy BHP oil, gas amid climate backlash (5/19)
- Energy workforce council comments on DOI offshore lease plans, FERC’s approval of natural gas projects (5/19)
- Permian producer Centennial to buy Colgate for $2.5 billion (5/19)