Petrobras says oil spilled in Campos Basin in Espirito Santo
SAO PAOLO (Bloomberg) -- Petrobras said about 188 m3 of oil was spilled at platform P-58 at Bacia dos Campos during a routine transfer to a vessel.
P-58 is located at the south coast of Espirito Santo state and the company said there’s no risk of the oil reaching shore, which is 80 km away.
In a regulatory filing, Petroleos Brasileiros SA said two vessels are on site to try to contain the incident, and that it’s investigating what went wrong.
NOTE: Jan. 3, Petrobras: Oil Spilled from Platform in Process of Idling
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Eni plans €2.5 billion in UK investment over four years (5/22)
- Venezuela investors meet in Davos as U.S. weighs sanctions (5/20)
- Energy crunch causing ESG to fall out of favor, warns ex-BP CEO (5/20)
- Schroeder quits Rosneft job after pressure over Putin ties (5/20)
- ‘Hell no’: Finance firms tell Texas they don’t boycott energy (5/20)