Lukoil signs new development plan for West Qurna-2 field in Iraq
MOSCOW -- Lukoil and the Basra Oil Company signed a development plan for West Qurna-2 field that provides for an oil production plateau of 800,000 bpd. According to the plan, the oil production of 480,000 bpd will be reached in 2020 and 800,000 bpd is expected in 2025.
These indicators will be achieved as a result of drilling and commissioning of new production and injection wells, construction and launching of oil treatment, storage and transportation facilities and facilities for gas treatment and power generation.
The experience acquired by the Company in the region, the existing infrastructure and cost compensation within the project development from the current production will ensure maximum efficiency of the project implementation.
The parties noted that due to the agreements reached, Lukoil will remain one of the largest investors and employers in Iraq in the coming years.
Related News ///
FROM THE ARCHIVE ///
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Indian government could bring in $12.7 billion from windfall fuel tax, PTI says (7/3)
- Industry groups call for expansion of offshore lease sales as DOI plans to limit access (7/3)
- Longboat Energy, OMV complete exploration farm-in agreement offshore Norway (7/1)
- Strained gasoline supplies lead American fuelmakers to maximize output (7/1)
- Oil production increase leads Venezuela’s economy to see most growth in 15 years (7/1)