McDermott, Saipem to partner for planned Rio Grande LNG project
HOUSTON -- International, Inc. has announced that it plans to partner with the Italian oil and gas industry contractor Saipem to bid for NextDecade's planned Rio Grande LNG project in Brownsville, Texas.
"Our joint bid with Saipem will feature optimized execution strategies that result in increased certainty on schedule and cost as compared to other LNG projects on the U.S. Gulf Coast," said David Dickson, president and CEO of McDermott. "Pursuant to NextDecade's competitive process, we plan to submit our joint EPC proposal in the second quarter of 2019."
NextDecade has previously disclosed it expects to achieve a final investment decision on the project in the third quarter of 2019.
Related News ///
FROM THE ARCHIVE ///
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Longboat Energy, OMV complete exploration farm-in agreement offshore Norway (7/1)
- Strained gasoline supplies lead American fuelmakers to maximize output (7/1)
- Oil production increase leads Venezuela’s economy to see most growth in 15 years (7/1)
- India slaps windfall tax on fuel exports, oil production (7/1)
- Deirdre Michie, chief executive of Offshore Energies UK, to step down (7/1)