Eni starts production at Goliat field in Barents Sea


MILAN -- Eni has started production at Goliat field, 85 km northwest of Hammerfest, Norway. The field lies within Production License 229, in an ice-free area in the Barents Sea.

Goliat, the first oil field to start production in the Barents Sea, was developed through the largest and most sophisticated cylindrical floating production and storage vessel in the world. The vessel has a capacity of 1 MMbbl of oil and was built with the most advanced technologies in order to tackle the technical and environmental challenges linked to operations in the Arctic.

The field's output will reach 100,000 bopd. The field is estimated to contain reserves amounting to about 180 MMbbl of oil.

Production will take place through a subsea system consisting of 22 wells (of which 17 are already completed), and of which 12 are oil producers, 7 water injectors and 3 gas injectors.

Eni (operator) holds a 65% stake in Production License 229, while Norway's Statoil holds the remaining 35%.

Related News ///


Comments ///


{{ error }}
{{ comment.comment.Name }} • {{ comment.timeAgo }}
{{ comment.comment.Text }}