Petronas reports first oil from Indonesia’s Bukit Tua field


KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia -- Petronas has reached a significant milestone in its upstream operations in Indonesia with first oil achieved from Bukit Tua field on May 17.

“This upstream project is an integrated development as it also involves the development of other supporting facilities, such as the Ratu Nusantara FPSO, a 110-km subsea pipeline and a 4.7 ha onshore receiving facility (ORF),” Petronas’ General Manager and Country Chairman of Indonesia Operations, Hazli Sham Kassim, said.

Located in the Ketapang Block, approximately 110 km offshore East Java, Bukit Tua field is expected to produce 3,700 bopd and 2 MMcfgd in its initial production stage. Upon ramping up the field, the production will increase gradually before reaching its peak production capacity of 20,000 bopd and 50 MMcfgd.

Gas produced from the field will be transported through a pipeline to the ORF in Gresik, East Java, while the oil will be offloaded to carriers for export.

Petrogas Jatim Utama, owned by the East Java provincial government, has signed a gas sales and purchase agreement with Petronas whereby it will purchase the gas produced from the field for electricity generation to meet Indonesia’s energy demand.

Ketapang Block is operated by PC Ketapang II Ltd (PCK2L), an Indonesian subsidiary of Petronas, with an 80% interest in the block. The remaining 20% is held by state-owned Perusahaan Gas Negara through its subsidiary PT Saka Ketapang Perdana.

Related News ///


Comments ///


{{ error }}
{{ comment.comment.Name }} • {{ comment.timeAgo }}
{{ comment.comment.Text }}