New series of connections offers flexibility in onshore shale plays
New connections have been developed to address the emerging needs of wells in unconventional shale plays, with longer laterals. These premium and semi-premium connections are targeted for use, where higher torque requirements are necessary to land the casing, as well as to ensure proper cementation. Combined with high performance tubulars, these connections allow operators to land the casing string quicker, and reduce non-productive time.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- U.S. natural gas sees record spike as February contracts expire (1/27)
- Canada’s oil companies outperform their energy-producing peers (1/27)
- Cash-flush shale operators consider raising oil output along with dividends (1/27)
- Texas upstream oil and gas economy experiences year of recovery in 2021 (1/27)
- Equinor’s Martin Linge field officially goes on stream (1/27)