Geosteering CTD, using the drill bit as a sensor
Placing the wellbore trajectory in the correct formation is crucial to project success. Existing geosteering techniques provide some of the necessary accuracy but can involve drilling unproductive formation. A new technology can give engineers the information they need to geosteer more accurately in real time, at a reduced cost.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Eni plans €2.5 billion in UK investment over four years (5/22)
- Venezuela investors meet in Davos as U.S. weighs sanctions (5/20)
- Energy crunch causing ESG to fall out of favor, warns ex-BP CEO (5/20)
- Schroeder quits Rosneft job after pressure over Putin ties (5/20)
- ‘Hell no’: Finance firms tell Texas they don’t boycott energy (5/20)