Buoyancy system lands nearly 20,000 ft of 14-in. casing in GOM
Groundbreaking buoyancy landing string (BLS) technology enabled Anadarko Petroleum to run 19,713 ft of heavy-walled, 14-in. casing in a deepwater Gulf of Mexico (GOM) exploration well. In the process, the operator realized potential savings of more than $42 million, while enabling larger casing and more flexibility in well design.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Longboat Energy, OMV complete exploration farm-in agreement offshore Norway (7/1)
- Strained gasoline supplies lead American fuelmakers to maximize output (7/1)
- Oil production increase leads Venezuela’s economy to see most growth in 15 years (7/1)
- India slaps windfall tax on fuel exports, oil production (7/1)
- Deirdre Michie, chief executive of Offshore Energies UK, to step down (7/1)