What’s new in artificial lift?
Part 1: In this first of two monthly reports, the authors highlight innovations in beam/rod pumping, linear lift units, hydraulic piston pumps, hydraulic jet pumps, and more. There are probably as many ways to classify artificial lift systems as there are production engineers in the world. As a point of reference, we like to look back each year to Table 1, which we first published in this feature in May 2013. As indicated, we think it makes some sense to organize artificial lift systems into three categories: 1) pump-assisted systems; 2) fluid-assisted systems; and 3) flow enhancement techniques. Within these three categories, there are basically 11 types of lift technologies. In each category, there also exist unconventional or emerging technology types of lift.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Iran seizes two Greek tankers in Persian Gulf waters (5/27)
- G-7 says OPEC has key role to play to ease tight energy markets (5/27)
- UK tax raid on oil industry also breaks historic climate pledge (5/27)
- UK set for record tax revenue from North Sea oil and gas (5/27)
- Energy industry trades: NWP 12 regulatory certainty critical to energy infrastructure (5/27)