People in the industry
OMV Aktiengesellschaft has appointed Rainer Seele as CEO and chairman of the executive board. Seele will take over the position, on July 1, 2015, for a three-year period, with an extension option for two more years. Gerhard Roiss, the current chairman of the executive board and CEO, will resign from these positions on June 30. George L. Kirkland, vice chairman and executive V.P of Chevron’s upstream division, will retire from the company, effective June 15. He will be succeeded by James W. (Jay) Johnson, as executive V.P., Upstream. Kirkland joined Chevron in 1974. He was named executive V.P., Upstream, in 2005, and was elected vice chairman in 2010. He has held numerous assignments across the company’s worldwide operations, including leadership roles in Indonesia and Nigeria.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Iran seizes two Greek tankers in Persian Gulf waters (5/27)
- G-7 says OPEC has key role to play to ease tight energy markets (5/27)
- UK tax raid on oil industry also breaks historic climate pledge (5/27)
- UK set for record tax revenue from North Sea oil and gas (5/27)
- Energy industry trades: NWP 12 regulatory certainty critical to energy infrastructure (5/27)