What’s new in Shale technology
Improved fluid system uses up to 100% produced water for fracing The Weatherford WaterSure fluid system, which enables fracturing with 100%-produced, or flowback water from the well, is an environmentally friendly and cost-saving alternative to conventional methods. This fluid system eliminates the need for fresh water, as well as the downtime, costs, logistics, fuel consumption, and emissions associated with delivering, and transporting, fresh water. The system uses filtered, or unfiltered, water with minimal to no chemical treatment. The water is oxidized and treated with chloride dioxide to kill well-souring bacteria, help decrease reservoir pressure, and improve the permeability, wetness and porosity of the formation. The prepped water is combined with an environmentally friendly gelling agent, and cross-linked to create fluids with excellent proppant transport and conductivity. The resulting fluids can then maintain high, closely controlled viscosity levels, sufficient to carry proppant during long periods of exposure to high temperatures and bottomhole pressures.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Iran seizes two Greek tankers in Persian Gulf waters (5/27)
- G-7 says OPEC has key role to play to ease tight energy markets (5/27)
- UK tax raid on oil industry also breaks historic climate pledge (5/27)
- UK set for record tax revenue from North Sea oil and gas (5/27)
- Energy industry trades: NWP 12 regulatory certainty critical to energy infrastructure (5/27)