Offshore in depth
Petroleo Brasileiro S.A., aka Petrobras, is arguably the most important company in the Brazilian economy, and, despite the recent corruption scandal, it remains a source of immense national pride. Petrobras deserves credit for its advancement of deepwater exploration and production, including widespread use of FPSO systems and rapid development of challenging pre-salt reservoirs. The company has set an example by inventing technology and developing its resources, largely by leveraging Brazilian talent and local companies. So it is jarring to hear allegations about decades of kickbacks, Swiss bank accounts, and illegal payments to the country’s ruling party.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Carbon+Intel: Schlumberger DELFI Digital Platform selected by Northern Lights JV for CO2 project (1/28)
- U.S. judge voids 80 million acres of offshore oil and gas leases (1/28)
- U.S. natural gas sees record spike as February contracts expire (1/27)
- Canada’s oil companies outperform their energy-producing peers (1/27)
- Cash-flush shale operators consider raising oil output along with dividends (1/27)