Advances in powered rotary steerable systems result in record-breaking runs
Optimized drilling systems include not only matched drilling tools, but also the integration of technology, processes and people across all stages of the drilling process.1 This combination is important, as the industry looks to improvements to drilling programs to reduce nonproductive time (NPT); improve safety and efficiency; and optimize production. Fit-for-purpose bottomhole assemblies (BHAs), together with a wide array of advanced downhole drilling tools, have greatly improved drilling efficiency and allowed much-higher ROPs. Choosing the proper drilling system is critical for boosting the well construction process and pushing the drilling limit. Proper BHA design and modeling is critical to the drilling of a well, and contributes to the optimization of drilling efficiency.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Global inflation brings ever-cheaper clean energy to an end (1/21)
- U.S. extends financial protection for Venezuela’s Citgo for one year (1/21)
- Energy Transfer agrees to provide gas to Vistra power plants (1/21)
- Morgan Stanley sees Brent crude at $100 by Q3 (1/21)
- Texas natural gas production falls as freezing weather sets in (1/20)