Automatic tank cleaning system helping to weather price slide
Since offshore rig tanks must be cleaned after every displacement to avoid any fluid cross-contamination, RCS Tank Cleaning Solutions has a birds-eye view of the level of drilling activity in the Gulf of Mexico. What it sees—especially in the near-term—is not all that encouraging. “Things have slowed down. Customers are driving down costs and pulling back on some of their projects,” said Paul Hebert, owner of RCS, a 10-year-old company that developed a patent for an automatic tank cleaning technology to cut down confined space entry requirements. “We’re feeling the effects of it and it will be a challenge, but fortunately we’re very stable so we think we’ll survive it quite nicely.”
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Global inflation brings ever-cheaper clean energy to an end (1/21)
- U.S. extends financial protection for Venezuela’s Citgo for one year (1/21)
- Energy Transfer agrees to provide gas to Vistra power plants (1/21)
- Morgan Stanley sees Brent crude at $100 by Q3 (1/21)
- Texas natural gas production falls as freezing weather sets in (1/20)