Subsea infrastructure growing and moving deeper
A major factor driving subsea activity is the growth of deepwater production. The early shallow-water fields are depleting, forcing operating companies to move into deeper waters (>500-m water depths), where large discoveries can still be made. Deepwater production is concentrated off West Africa and Latin America, and in the Gulf of Mexico. However, new discoveries are being made off East Africa, the eastern Mediterranean and Southeast Asia.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- UK North Sea eyes chance of revival in energy crisis (5/16)
- Saudi Aramco’s profit soars as oil prices and output jump (5/16)
- Oil gains as investors weigh Russian ban and China outlook (5/15)
- Iran says it can double oil exports if market needs more barrels (5/15)
- TotalEnergies, Ørsted partner to participate in Dutch offshore wind tenders (5/13)