Technology from Europe
Is wellhead design set for a revolution?
Ben van Bilderbeek believes the friction-grip technology developed by his UK-based company, Plexus Ocean Systems, is a major step forward in wellhead design, which can reduce the potential for blowouts, such as that which sparked the Macondo well disaster in 2010.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.