Click … click … click. The roller coaster clatters to the top just before it plunges, making you scream out loud and feel a tight knot in your stomach. That’s what I remember from riding the Texas Cyclone roller coaster in Houston’s Astroworld about 40 years ago. I haven’t ridden any roller coasters since, but the feeling is not much different from riding up and down the oil and gas economic roller coaster.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.