Expanding Marcellus Activity Defies Gas Prices
Despite gas prices circling around $4/Mcf and intense environmental scrutiny, Marcellus shale activity continued to grow rapidly last year, with a near doubling in the number of wells drilled and high permitting rates indicating a further activity surge to come.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.