Multisegment well modeling optimizes inflow control devices
Surface blowout prevention (SBOP) technology extends the use of smaller, cheaper second- and third-generation rigs into water depths that cannot be achieved conventionally. Following successful drilling campaigns in Asia, Shell extended its SBOP technology to the more demanding conditions offshore Brazil with the implementation of a seabed isolation device (SID).
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- OU geothermal team wins first place in national Department of Energy competition (5/23)
- To avoid windfall tax, UK may ask for quarterly green plans (5/23)
- OEUK: A windfall tax risks reducing the UK’s energy security (5/23)
- Oil steadies as EU stalemate deepens on Russian oil embargo (5/23)
- Russia’s seaborne crude oil exports keep coming (5/23)