SHALE ENERGY: Developing the Bakken—Ten years into the Bakken Shale
The Bakken Shale is defining the future of unconventional oil development in the United States. Wood Mackenzie estimates that 14 of the largest operators in the basin have commercial reserves greater than 1.3 billion bbl. In 2008, the US Geological Society estimated that technically recoverable reserves could reach as high as 4.3 billion bbl. This makes the Bakken the single largest continuous oil accumulation ever assessed by the US agency.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Biden rattles his saber at oil producers as prices surge to 2014 high (1/18)
- Carbon+Intel: DNV assesses hydrogen readiness of Hungarian gas pipeline (1/18)
- Russia’s February gas-transit plan leaves Europe in the lurch (1/18)
- Deadly UAE drone strikes raise risk in key oil-producing region (1/18)
- China’s fuel exports drop for a second year as quotas tighten (1/18)