Perdido ties together Shell digital oilfield technologies
Located in the Gulf of Mexico in nearly 8,000 ft of water, the Perdido project is the deepest spar application to date in the world and Shell’s first fully integrated application of its in-house digital oilfield technology—called “Smart Field”—in the Western hemisphere. Developed by Shell on behalf of partners BP and Chevron, the spar and the subsea equipment connected to it will eventually capture about an order of magnitude more data than is collected from any other Shell-designed and -managed development operating in the Gulf of Mexico.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Biden rattles his saber at oil producers as prices surge to 2014 high (1/18)
- Carbon+Intel: DNV assesses hydrogen readiness of Hungarian gas pipeline (1/18)
- Russia’s February gas-transit plan leaves Europe in the lurch (1/18)
- Deadly UAE drone strikes raise risk in key oil-producing region (1/18)
- China’s fuel exports drop for a second year as quotas tighten (1/18)