Exploration discoveries ///

Africa-Middle East. Total has concluded the drilling of its exploration well in the southern extension of Block OPL223 in the Gulf of Guinea offshore Nigeria. The Owowo South B-1 well was drilled earlier this year in a water depth of 2,198 ft. Data logs indicate that the oil-bearing reservoirs contain light oil. Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) is the concessionaire, with Total Exploration & Production Nigeria serving as the operator of the block and of the exploration well with 82% interest. Nexen holds the remaining 18%.

Log in to view this article.

Not yet a subscriber?  Find out more and subscribe today! 

Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.



*Access will be granted the next business day.