Historical and continuing technology application at a giant heavy oil field
In the late 1960s, steamflooding boosted output sevenfold at California’s Kern River Field. Today, reservoir surveillance, 3D reservoir modeling and horizontal drilling are extending the heavy oil field’s economic life for years to come.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.