Optimizing the Azeri Field asset
Increasing oil and gas production is a key business driver. As a result, companies are spending more time optimizing what they have already found. BP has achieved good results using sustainable best practices and process optimization solutions. AZERI ASSET The Azeri oil and gas production asset is within the top five BP investments worldwide and is possibly one of the world’s most complex oil systems. Present offshore facilities consist of three production platforms and a gas processing platform, located in the Caspian Sea. Each production platform has oil/water separation, gas compression and gas dehydration. The gas processing platform has four parallel compression trains driven by 25-MW gas turbines, which supply high-pressure gas for reservoir pressure maintenance and gas lift for oil production. The onshore terminal has four oil-stabilization trains, oil and gas receiving facilities and a gas plant for quality control.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.