News & Resources
Remote inspection tool Integrity, inspection and corrosion specialist iicorr Ltd has launched its Magnetic Crawler tool, designed for inspecting inaccessible or difficult-to-access areas. Magnets enable the robot to attach itself, and it uses integrated video and UT capabilities to examine areas at risk of corrosion. The Magnetic Crawler evolved from the company’s Trac-scan Crawler system, and is designed to assure jacket leg, riser and caisson integrity. Although initially designed for inspection on large-bore jacket legs and areas underneath external clamps, it can also remotely inspect large tanks, pipe work and subsea structures. The system has real-time viewing as well as data recording functions, and can be run remotely up to 200 m from the access point. It is rated for use in up to 200 m of water, and can fit through access points as small as 200 mm x 150 mm.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.