Politics plague Venezuelan E&P. Local businessmen accuse President Hugo Chávez of retaliating against companies and individuals at PDVSA who participated in last year’s strikes. Reportedly, PDVSA is denying new contracts to these firms and refusing to extend existing deals. PDVSA even denied its own gas compressor company, Energy Dynamics de Venezuela, contracts during August. Political uncertainty has not deterred investors from the gas sector. Local firm Vinncler and 12 multinationals have agreed to bid on developing Blocks 3 and 5 of the offshore Deltana Platform. The energy ministry will set each block’s base amount and then issue licenses to the highest bidders.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.