Matrix treatment arrests production decline in deepwater GOM well
The first matrix squeeze treatment using the novel Saltrol 2 Salt Block Inhibitor from BJ Services was successfully applied in a ChevronTexaco well, in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico. Elsewhere, Saltrol 2 had previously been applied successfully in conjunction with fracturing stimulation. Results of the unprecedented offshore matrix treatment are summarized below. Preceding the treatment case example is a summary of lab core-flow test data showing effectiveness of Saltrol 2 in matrix treatment application to temperatures as high as 350°F.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- OU geothermal team wins first place in national Department of Energy competition (5/23)
- To avoid windfall tax, UK may ask for quarterly green plans (5/23)
- OEUK: A windfall tax risks reducing the UK’s energy security (5/23)
- Oil steadies as EU stalemate deepens on Russian oil embargo (5/23)
- Russia’s seaborne crude oil exports keep coming (5/23)