News & Resources
Companies in the news
Marathon Petroleum Norge A/S agreed with Statoil, Norsk Hydro and TotalFinaElf to acquire interests in five licenses in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea. In Brazil’s third bidding round, Phillips Petroleum Co. finalized an agreement on Blocks BM-ES-11 (in the northern portion of the Greater Campos basin) and BM-PAMA-3 (in the Para Maranhao basin, part of the southern Amazon Fan. Phillips will operate the deepwater blocks. Plans call for seismic acquisition and geological and geophysical evaluations.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.