Lamprell in the frame for major upgrade work
Lamprell is announced that it is engaged with an international rig operator for major upgrade work on three jack-up drilling rigs in readiness for their deployment in the Gulf region.
The first of the rigs will arrive at Lamprell's Hamriyah quayside this month and work will begin immediately. The second and third rigs will follow later. The scopes of work involved represent a small contract for the business.
"Our rig refurbishment activities are a mainstay for our Oil & Gas business unit; having an excellent reputation for delivery," said Christopher McDonald, CEO of Lamprell. "Over the last twelve months we have seen increasing demand in this business segment evidenced through the awards of drilling contracts by regional operators. The entire team looks forward to delivering the upgrades safely and on time for our client."
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- UK North Sea eyes chance of revival in energy crisis (5/16)
- Saudi Aramco’s profit soars as oil prices and output jump (5/16)
- Oil gains as investors weigh Russian ban and China outlook (5/15)
- Iran says it can double oil exports if market needs more barrels (5/15)
- TotalEnergies, Ørsted partner to participate in Dutch offshore wind tenders (5/13)