ABS demonstrates effectiveness of Corrosion Detection™ AI solution
ABS recently performed the initial application of its Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered ABS Corrosion Detection™ tool with 98.9% accuracy. Corrosion is one of the biggest maintenance challenges in the maritime and offshore industries with the total cost estimated between $50 billion and $80 billion annually.
The ABS Corrosion Detection digital solution identifies corrosion and alerts operators of coating failures, fractures, and deformations on their vessel. The ABS Corrosion Detection tool examined two ABS client vessels for the presence of corrosion and their coating conditions and assessed the imagery with 98.9% accuracy. The findings are based on the AI tool's analysis of more than 600 images of a client's ballast water tanks.
Utilizing this digital solution allows operators to benchmark and monitor coating breakdown and corrosion growth over time to assist with vessel maintenance between surveys.
To learn more, click here.
Related News ///
- Oil States Industries introduces combined managed pressure drilling and riser system (5/6)
- TitanLiner exclusively manufactures, distributes RoboLiner® polyurea sprayed Rroles for use as secondary containment (5/6)
- Trelleborg strengthens its navigation and piloting offering with SafePilot CAT PRO launch (5/6)
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Venezuela investors meet in Davos as U.S. weighs sanctions (5/20)
- Energy crunch causing ESG to fall out of favor, warns ex-BP CEO (5/20)
- Schroeder quits Rosneft job after pressure over Putin ties (5/20)
- ‘Hell no’: Finance firms tell Texas they don’t boycott energy (5/20)
- Woodside wins backing to buy BHP oil, gas amid climate backlash (5/19)