Total acquires interest in Anchor discovery, in deepwater Gulf of Mexico

1/24/2018
null
Image: Chevron.

PARIS -- Total has signed an agreement with Samson in order to acquire Samson Offshore Anchor, LLC, which holds a 12.5% interest in four blocks covering the Anchor discovery, one of the most significant recent discoveries in the Gulf of Mexico (GOM). The deal also includes a 12.5% interest in the nearby exploration block Green Canyon 761, where Total already has a 25% interest.

“The entry in the Anchor discovery further increases Total’s footprint in deepwater Gulf of Mexico. It follows our entry in seven exploration prospects located in the promising Wilcox (Central GOM) and Norphlet (Eastern GOM) plays thanks to an agreement signed with Chevron last September, and in the Jack field where the Group will acquire a 25% interest as part of the Maersk Oil deal," stated Arnaud Breuillac, president of E&P at Total. 
 
Discovered in the Wilcox play in 2014, Anchor is located approximately 225 km off the coast of Louisiana in more than 1,500 m of water. Additional prospective resources have been identified in the Anchor vicinity, strengthening the potential of the asset.
 
Anchor is operated by Chevron (55%), alongside Cobalt (20%) and Venari (12.5%).

Related News ///

FROM THE ARCHIVE ///

Comments ///

comments powered by Disqus