Would you like to start a free subscription?
Remember me | Forgot password
LONDON -- Seadrill Limited has agreed to sell the West Auriga ultra-deepwater drillship to Seadrill Capricorn Holdings, Seadrill Partners 51% owned subsidiary. Seadrill Ltd owns the remaining 49% interest. ...
NEW ORLEANS (Bloomberg) -- BP Plc’s bid to temporarily halt payments under its $9.2 billion oil-spill settlement so that heightened accounting and fraud safeguards can be established was rejected by a federal judge in New Orleans. ...
BOGOTA, Colombia (Bloomberg) -- Ecopetrol SA is positioning itself to tap Colombian shale and offshore oil deposits for the first time after missed targets at onshore fields made it the worst-performing major oil stock last year. ...
The global E&P industry is riding the crest of a wave, and nowhere is that more true than in the U.S. For the last three years—and for this fourth year as well—drilling activity has remained in a narrow band of not more than 4,000 wells’ difference.
Though operators expect a good year, most are taking a more careful look at E&P budgets, seeking both improved efficiencies and lower costs.
An optimized BHA, detailed planning and advanced modeling enabled the team to drill the ERD well with a single BHA per interval. A challenging 12¼-in. tangent interval was drilled to reach the top of the pay zone keeping an 85° sail angle, setting a regional record of 11,150 ft flawlessly drilled from casing to casing in a single run.
March 27, 2014 10am CDT
This is the most comprehensive handbook in advanced drilling technology, guiding the petroleum engineer to mitigate risks, manage the reservoir effectively and recognize new opportunities.
This 2‐hour documentary is the most comprehensive video available about oil and gas drilling.
Blackhawk Specialty Tools: Two sides, one coin
World Oil's casing reference tables provide information on premium casing connection dimensions, available steel grades and minimum join tension strengths.
Comprehensive listing of major manufacturer's drilling bits to aid drilling supervisors
and engineers in field selection. Divided into six formation types from soft/sticky
to extremely hard, tables show name, IADC code, size and performance of each firm's
Exclusive annual listing shows trade names, generic descriptions, recommended usage
and suppliers of more than 2,500 fluid system additives for drilling, completions
World Oil's updated tables for pipe sizes to 5-in. OD or production-tubing-specific
couplings provide information on premium connection dimensions, available steel
grades and minimum joint tension strengths.
For more information go to www.bluebeam.com
Kuala Lumpur - March 25-28
The Woodlands, TX - April 1-3
Houston, TX - April 6-9
All material subject to strictly enforced copyright laws.
© 2014 World Oil. © 2014 Gulf Publishing Company.