Energy Transfer agrees to provide gas to Vistra power plants
Energy Transfer LP said it agreed to supply natural gas to power plants in Texas owned by Vistra Corp. through the end of March as the two sides work through a billing dispute from last February’s winter storm.
The two companies came to an agreement after Vistra filed a complaint earlier this week with oil and gas regulators, asking them to intervene because Energy Transfer had allegedly threatened to cut off gas supplies by Jan. 25.
The dispute comes as freezing temperatures have descended on Texas, resulting in a dip in natural gas production.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Permian producer Centennial to buy Colgate for $2.5 billion (5/19)
- CGG’s Sercel acquires infrastructure monitoring provider Geocomp (5/19)
- NOIA: Biden amid must accelerate offshore oil and gas program development (5/19)
- Russia says half of Gazprom clients abroad opened ruble accounts (5/19)
- Shale jobs won't top pre-pandemic levels until 2027 (5/18)