Shearwater wins Total 2D acquisition project offshore South Africa
BERGEN - Shearwater GeoServices has been given a conditional letter of award for a 2D seismic acquisition and fast-track processing project by Total E&P South Africa B.V.
The survey at block 11B-12B will be Shearwater’s first project offshore South Africa. It has a base duration of two months starting in Q4 2019 and covers an initial program of 3,650 linear km. It will be acquired by the Multi-Purpose Vessel (MPV) SW Cook. The project includes fast-track processing facilitated by the vessel’s high-capacity onboard computer facility and experienced processing teams linked by satellite to client and project teams.
“The SW Cook worked for Total in the North Sea this summer and we are very pleased to see it continue to acquire seismic for Total in South Africa on a project where we will also leverage the flexibility of our Processing & Imaging teams,” said Irene Waage Basili, the CEO of Shearwater GeoServices. “They will provide fast turnaround results to Total during the survey enabling rapid decision making.”
Related News ///
FROM THE ARCHIVE ///
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Shell to start building Europe’s largest green hydrogen plant (7/6)
- Chevron looks to revamp Venezuela oil pact to boost output (7/6)
- World Petroleum Congress abstract deadline tonight (7/6)
- Changes to UK Energy Profits Levy address some concerns, but continued engagement needed (7/6)
- OPEC Secretary-General Mohammad Barkindo dies at 63 (7/6)