Optimizing extended reach drilling in deepwater West Africa
An optimized BHA, detailed planning and advanced modeling enabled the team to drill the ERD well with a single BHA per interval. A challenging 12¼-in. tangent interval was drilled to reach the top of the pay zone keeping an 85° sail angle, setting a regional record of 11,150 ft flawlessly drilled from casing to casing in a single run.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.