Carousel of Unconventional Progress
In 1971, Walt Disney World held its grand opening in Florida. My entire family was there on that day, and, for many years to follow, we made our annual pilgrimage to the Magic Kingdom. While it was loads of fun, many of the attractions were educational and designed to inspire. For me, Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress in Tomorrowland was a pivotal attraction. The Carousel of Progress depicts a typical American family and explores the joys of living through technological advances across different time periods, including speculation about how these improvements might continue into the future.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.