Intelligent tracers quantify in-flow characteristics in multi-zone horizontal wells
Crude oil producers are responding to the reservoir management challenges of multi-zone horizontal wells with intelligent tracers that quantify inflow distribution on a zone-by-zone basis. The inflow distribution analysis from a recent well, equipped with RESMAN RES-OIL intelligent tracers, shows that about half of the total inflow came from only two segments (7 and 8) of a 9-zone well, Fig. 1. RESMAN data also identified two low-producing zones (4 and 5), accounting for only 3% of total inflow. The operator was expecting a more even inflow distribution, and used this knowledge to reassess the reservoir drainage properties and adjust drilling and completion strategy for future wells in the field.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.